WHAT happens when you cross a leafy Manilva hillside with a sumptuous buffet fit for royalty and a phenomenal violinist?
Why, the eclectic Roman Oasis restaurant reopening party of course.
Owner Paul Hickling’s eccentric eatery is back for another summer season and the Olive Press was lucky enough to attend its dramatic opener.
The atmosphere was electric, with Quike Navarro’s explosive catalogue of pop remixes on his violin raising the roof, alongside guitarist Steve Nelson.
Now in its 33rd year, the Roman Oasis has grown from a barren tract of land into one of the coast’s most loved restaurants, and it is also a favourite of TV chef Keith Floyd.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44