THE quest for the best Sunday lunch on the Costa del Sol is over.
After a year spent tracking down potential candidates – and scoffing down luxury lunches – the board for the Cool Deals Sunday Lunch Challenge has crowned its winner.
Deservedly claiming the coveted title for 2015 is Nueva Campana in Nueva Andalucia.
Run by former co-founder and columnist for the Sunday Sun, Garry Waite, the restaurant trumped the 10-restaurant final shortlist.
Triumphing over some of the best eateries on the coast, El Oceano in Mijas lost out by just one vote to come in a close second.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36