A UK charity is combining fashion with function to protect the health of expats living in Spain.
MedicAlert has produced jewellery which holds the key to vital health information, allowing medical staff to access the details without any language issues.
The small metal discs, which can be worn as either a bracelet or a necklace, are engraved with the wearer’s medical conditions, allergies and medications.
The discs also contain a unique identification number, which allow medical providers access to more detailed medical records stored through the company.
The organisation hopes that their medical IDs can help avoid language issues for expats seeking care from Spanish providers.
Visit www.medicalert.co.uk for more information.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29