HE may be the ripe old age of 66, but Lionel Richie shone brighter than ever when he performed at Marbella’s Starlite festival on July 29.
The household name wooed the crowd, which included Antonio Banderas and girlfriend Nicole Kimpel seated in a box, with all the favourites from the Commodores’ to his latest tunes.
“I asked Diana Ross to fly out and sing her part in the duet for Endless Love,” said Richie, to gasps from the crowd.
“But she turned me down, so you lot have to sing her part instead!”
The star swapped his black jacket for a white garment for a grand finale of ‘We are the world’ the iconic song he co-wrote with Michael Jackson.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25