CILLA Black died of a stroke after falling over and hitting her head, the coroner has revealed.
The 72-year-old national treasure was sunbathing on her private terrace at her villa in El Paraiso, Estepona, and lost her balance when she got up.
After falling unconscious, the former Blind Date star subsequently died of a stroke on August 1.
As the Olive Press revealed earlier today, the family have now been given permission to return her body home as soon as possible for a UK funeral.
“We are devastated by the sad loss of our mother, but have been deeply touched by all the kind messages of support from her friends, fans, the public and media,” said her three sons Robert, Ben and Jack in a statement.
“The Spanish authorities have now told us we are able to bring Mum home, which we hope to do as quickly as possible,” they continued.
“We would like to thank all those involved for their assistance with this matter and we respectfully request for our continued privacy to grieve.”
Local residents have been stunned by her death, with her favourite restaurants bereft after 35 years of her loyal custom.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25