ANDALUCIA boasts three of Spain’s 10 coolest chiringuitos – and that’s official – so you can sit back and sip your pina colada in celebration.
Glitzy Marbella, rural Huelva and trendy Tarifa all have a winner in online hotel comparison site Trivago’s Hot Top Ten Hotel Beach Clubs in Spain.
The Hotel Vincci Selección’s Estrella del Mar Club comes in at number two, praised for its Moorish influences, spacious chill zones, huge infinity pool and cornucopia of water sports and Balinese beds – not to mention two tasty eateries.
In seventh place is Huelva’s SeaSoul Beach Restaurant and Lounge, part of the Iberostar chain, offering elegant, modern hangouts on the picturesque islet of Isla Canela.
The stunning chiringuito at the Tangana resort, fronting Tarifa’s famous Valdevaqueros
beach is in tenth place, rated for its eclectic retro bar with, hip ‘slow food’ restaurant, bohemian hammocks and sunbeds.
Top of the list was the Gran Hotel Sol y Mar’s beach club in Calpe, Alicante, cited for its world-class menu, relaxing spa and panoramic views.
Clubs in Barcelona, Tarragona, Mallorca and Ibiza also made the list.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25