A FOUR-month-old baby has been hospitalised with signs of sexual abuse in Malaga.
The baby remains at Malaga’s Hospital Materno Infantil with injuries that appear compatible with physical and sexual abuse.
The investigation was prompted when the baby’s mother brought her in on August 12, when lesions in the child’s genital areas activated the hospital’s sexual abuse protocol.
The doctors examining the baby also detected other injuries, including head trauma and bruising patterns, and they have performed surgery which has left her stable, but still in critical condition.
The police detained the child’s mother, and following an interview with her have focused their investigation on the baby’s father, who has also been brought in for questioning.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29