POLICE in Lisbon have seized one of Britain’s most wanted criminals, thought to be hiding out on the Costa del Sol.
Paul Buchanan, a 29-year-old from New York, was being hunted by British authorities for the attempted rape of a girl in Worcestershire.
He was stopped and questioned by the police at Garo do Oriente without identification.
Buchanan is the fifth ‘most wanted’ British criminal arrested in Spain this year.
He is the second arrest made this month following leader of international drug ring Anthony Dennis, who was arrested in the UK after hiding out in Spain.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29