IT’S been a long time coming, but the opening of Olivia’s La Cala last night was certainly worth the wait.
The fourth venture from restaurateur and former The Only Way is Essex star Elliott Wright opened with a bang – and plenty of champagne – last night in Mijas La Cala.
Mark Wright, Elliott’s cousin, and his new wife Michelle Keegan, regularly on the cover of Hello magazine were in attendance as well as some of the Costa del Sol’s most glamorous socialites.
“I’ve dreamt of opening a place like this for 15 years and now after months and months of hard work, it’s finally coming to fruition,” said Elliott.
“I’m really excited about the whole concept and in fact we are already fully booked on our first night!”
The food is created with a focus on locally sourced ingredients and crafted together by head chef Dave Gallagher while Moet & Chandon are partnering.
Olivia’s La Cala, which has disabled access, opens to the public on August 18 from 6.30 pm Monday to Saturday and the Sunday menu from 12.30pm.
The venue will also boast live entertainment seven days a week, visit oliviaslacala.com for more info.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25