WHAT do Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos and pop-rock star Jose Chino have in common?
And their abundant facial hair and sex-symbol status are driving a new trend that’s catching on in their native Spain and around the world.
Facial hair transplants are a new surgical procedure that allows guys to have hair from their heads regrown on their chins and upper lips as beards and moustaches.
The operation is especially popular among men in their 30s who want to move away from the clean-shaven look and aren’t able to grow facial hair to their liking.
The procedure is nearly painless, but pricy, with customers reportedly paying upwards of €8,000 for the surgery.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00