A 63-YEAR-OLD MAN was gored through the heart as Spain’s summer of bull madness claimed a 12th victim on Sunday.
The grim statistic makes 2015 the bloodiest year for bull-related deaths this century.
The man was killed at Spain’s oldest bull-running festival in Cuellar, a one and a half hour drive north of Madrid.
Video footage captured the moment he was struck by the huge animal and dragged several metres.
He was pronounced dead on arrival at a first aid point.
Authorities said the man was on holiday from the Basque Country and was visiting relatives.
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48
- DON’T LEAF US THIS WAY: Brexit striking fear into hearts of ‘terrified’ farmers in Spain’s Andalucia - 9 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00