A TWO-WEEK-OLD striped dolphin separated from its mother has been rescued off the Gibraltar coast .
The calf was spotted in shallow waters by a Waterport Terraces resident near Marina Bay and taken back to sea by rescue services.
But the distressed dolphin returned shortly afterwards and was grounded on Western Beach.
Concerned passers-by attended to the baby mammal and contacted the rescue service (ERPU) once more.
Fortunately a pod of striped dolphins was found in the bay and the calf was released among the group.
It has not been seen since and the ERPU are continuing to monitor the area.
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04