THE hallowed concept of an independent Catalunya, free from Spain’s corruption and troubles, appears to have been shattered.
The ‘we’re better than you, and therefore we don’t need you’ notion underpinning the entire nationalism movement has indeed taken a battering.
Artur Mas’ dirty laundry has well and truly been hung out to dry, after it was revealed that his CDC party took 3% in kickbacks for the awarding of public works contracts.
Would Catalan independence simply provide a vehicle for these selfish politicians to continue their system of bungs, away from the watchful eye of a slowly improving Spain?
What a shame they are as bad as the leaders in Andalucia and Madrid.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44