GIBRALTAR’s new university will signal ‘the nation’s coming of age’, said education minister Gilbert Licudi.
The University of Gibraltar’s four departments include the Faculty of Business, which offers the world’s first courses in Gibraltar law and Gibraltar tax.
The self-financing university will entice undergraduates to enrol on accounting, finance, banking and business management courses.
Lucidi said: “The university will be transformational signalling the coming of age of our nation.
“For the first time we will be a university city, able to attract international students.”
The university is hoping to enhance Gibraltar’s standing as a centre for international business.
Its business school, the Institute of Professional Development and Continuing Education, will also design courses to help local businesses.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05