PABLO Iglesias is demanding independence referendums, electoral reform and measures to tackle corruption as part of five major constitutional changes.
The Podemos leader also wants an improvement in social rights and to break links between the legal and political systems and big business.
Referendums on independence for regions like Catalunya form part of the manifesto ahead of December’s general election.
Iglesias is also calling for re-nationalisation, subsidies to low-paid workers wages to boost monthly wages to €900 and higher taxes for the rich .
“It’s great that we have rich people, but for the rich to be rich, the key is not to impoverish the rest of the country,” he said.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00