THE five-star Sunborn Hotel arrived in Gibraltar a year ago to a fair degree of cynicism.
A purpose-built yacht hotel, there were plenty sceptical that it would not take off, with visitors and tourists preferring to lay down their heads at the more historic Rock Hotel, or La Caleta.
However, it has slowly come into its own and become a useful hub for tourists and businesses alike, that find the location superb.
There is a definite sense of glamour arriving into the clean retro lobby with its huge glass disco ball/planet hanging above and jazzy marble floors.
Being five-star you are quickly helped by a porter and reception staff are polite and efficient.
Best of all though are the rooms, which make clever use of light, as well as the stunning maritime location overlooking lines of yachts and towards shimmering views of the Serrania de Ronda.
Technology is paramount with everything focussing around a touch screen and the curtains opening by touch. Mood lighting is good and the sheet quality excellent.
On board you will also find a casino, gym and, of course, beauty parlours plus various places to eat, drink and generally be merry.
All in all it was great to be aboard!
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00