LIKE a three-bird roast, Ronda has many layers to explore and goes down a treat come Christmas.
Ideal for couples looking for a magical getaway or a family to explore the breathtaking scenery, a trip up into the mountains is an absolute cracker.
From country walks in the Serrania to a gentle stroll around the romantic old town, there is plenty to be explored.
And with a chill in the air – and the possibility of a snowfall – the town’s landmark 400 foot gorge is somehow more emphatic at this time of year.
Just as impressive are the surrounding villages and excellent local walks.
For somewhere good to stay, there is no beating the comfy warmth of a Molino del Puente room gazing out at the magical Ronda countryside.
With a wood-burning stove in the top-notch restaurant, La Cascada, it is the perfect place to beat the winter chill.
Just ten minutes from Ronda, it is run by seasoned hoteliers and restaurateurs Ian and Elaine Love and is the perfect base for walking, bird-watching and horse riding.
On Christmas Day, pianist Alf Bowman will be performing live to add an extra sparkle to the delicious food and ambience.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25