TOO many people put up with ill-fitting specs.
Glasses come in different sizes, just like clothes and shoes. The arm length, bridge diameter and frame width should all be displayed in millimetres on the arms.
What warning signs should I look for to indicate incorrect fit?
- • The top edge of the frames should be no higher than the line of your eyebrows.
- • The bridge should keep a comfortable and secure fit on your nose so they don’t slip down.
- • The lower edge of the frames should not sit on your cheeks, even when you smile, so that they don’t rub or irritate
How can I ensure I get the right fit?
We have introduced a cutting-edge new way of selecting and fitting customers’ glasses, using imaging software on tablet devices. Digital Precision Eyecare ensures everyone receives the right professional care and advice in frame selection and dispensing for their prescription, vision and lifestyle needs. This is very clever kit and gets customers much more involved with the frames and lens selection. It’s a quick and easy process which ensures a perfect fit every time.
How does it work?
Following an eye examination, the optical team assists customers in selecting their preferred glasses. Imaging software on a tablet is then used to take an image of them wearing the glasses, which in turn captures a range of essential dispensing measurements. These are unique to the customer and their chosen glasses.
Can it help with style too?
Yes, the tablet can also be used to show you what you look like wearing a range of different glasses to help you make your choice. The intelligent software also helps you choose any lens options you might want, by demonstrating what they do in real time.
Digital Precision Eyecare is now available in Specsavers Opticas stores in Marbella and Fuengirola.
• To find your nearest store visit www.specsavers.es
- Take heed of this eye care advice for World Sight Day - 11 Oct, 2018 @ 15:14
- There’s lots to consider when making the switch to contact lenses - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 10:20
- Kylie Minogue launches new range of eyewear with Specsavers - 25 May, 2018 @ 12:12
- Ask the Optician: For the full spec on eyewear from Marbella specialists - 6 Jan, 2018 @ 15:05
- CHRISTMAS WISH: Support the ONCE fundraising campaign at Specsavers Opticas - 9 Dec, 2017 @ 15:12
- All your questions about contact lenses answered - 21 Aug, 2017 @ 09:34
- Ask the Optician – What is Digital Retinal Photography? - 7 May, 2017 @ 16:00
- The leading cause of severe sight loss for over 55s in the western world - 31 Mar, 2017 @ 21:15
- Specsavers: There is a perfect pair of specs for everyone - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 17:36
- A simple eye test can uncover a host of underlying diseases - 8 Feb, 2017 @ 15:30