FIRST she conquered the Rock, now she’s out to conquer the world.
Miss Gibraltar 2015 is in China competing against 119 other beauty queens for the Miss World title.
Hannah Bado, a primary school teacher when she’s not dazzling pageant audiences, bid her family and friends goodbye at Gibraltar airport.
Miss World begins in the city of Sanya on December 19, where Hannah will be hoping to follow in the footsteps of compatriot Kaiane Aldorino, who won the event in 2009 and is now Gibraltar’s deputy mayor.
She will be keeping fans up-to-date with her eastern adventure through photos and posts on her Facebook and Twitter accounts.
The event has already caused controversy though, with Miss Canada being denied the right to compete after speaking out about Chinese human rights abuses.
Anastasia Lin, 25, did not receive an invitation letter to the opening ceremony which means she could not apply for a visa.
Other contestants received their letters at the end of October.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44