A TEENAGER has died after being run over by a UK national with links to Gibraltar.
The Englishman drove his van into three Spanish friends, all from La Linea, following an alleged fight inside a strip club.
He then drove off up the A7 towards Malaga with one of the two friends in pursuit, until he was caught in a quickly set up police roadblock nearby.
The incident took place at 1:30am on Saturday morning outside Show Paradise Striptease in Guadacorte, near Los Barrios.
Paramedics arrived on the scene within minutes but could not do anything to save the life of the youngster, Juan Carlos Perez, 19,who lived in the barrio of San Bernardo.
An investigation is now underway. Reports claim the driver, currently in custody, was under the influence of alcohol.
Meanwhile, an emotional funeral has taken place, with hundreds of Perez’s friends and family members publicly mourning the teenager with a march through La Linea.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44