A SPANISH company has been named greenest utility in the world by industry experts Energy Intelligence.
Acciona, an independent power producer with completely renewable energy capacity, topped the list of the world’s top 100 Green Utilities.
The rankings are based on companies’ renewable energy portfolios and greenhouse gas emissions.
The 100 utilities in the list have a combined 3,100GW of installed capacity, equivalent to around 55% of the world’s total power generation.
Acciona obtained 234 out of a possible 300 points in the ranking for CO2 emissions per MWh.
The company beat energy giants such as Iberdrola and EDF to the number one spot.
It’s the first time Acciona has appeared in the annual Energy Intelligence report.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00