SERGIO Garcia finished joint eighth at the BMW Masters in Shanghai, won by Kristoffer Broberg, after letting a promising position slip.
The Ryder Cup star’s tilt at a 12th European Tour title looked to be back on track after he birdied four of his last six holes on Saturday to move into second place.
Garcia went into the lead on the fourth day, with five holes remaining after a fantastic putt on the 13th.
But the Spaniard hit two balls into the water to finish 13 under par, with Broberg winning a play-off against Patrick Reed after finishing 17 under.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00