WHEN British couple Andy and Debbie Wilkes moved to Competa just over a decade ago they decided to open a shop serving the surrounding Axarquia area.Click to download our FREE guide to the Axarquia
Falling in love with the town, the former IT consultants, hoped that selling a mix of British foods, plus local arts and crafts would prove to be profitable.
And so it came to pass, with the shop Sugar and Spice thriving to become one of the true success stories of the town.
Now ten years on, they have a second shop across the road specialising in bespoke furniture, mostly imported from Morocco.
Their love for Moroccan furniture began after an Easter trip, where they fell in love with the arabesque furniture.
As well as the furniture they also stock many other Moroccan crafts produced in the souks by artisans, all at excellent prices.
As Debbie explains: “As the furniture side of the business started to grow we increased not only our range of furniture but also giftware. We’re always on the look-out for something a bit different and try to keep the ranges constantly changing.”
And while the furniture side of the business takes precedent, the food side has also continued to grow.
“Our customers have helped us develop our range of baking products and also kept us in touch with what’s hot on the biscuits and cakes front.
“And one thing we’ve learnt is that people like variety so we also have plenty of spices and ingredients from around the world.”
And to help their customers, they even have a selection of recipes on their website.
Another branch to the company is the ladies boutique, provide style at affordable prices with individually picked items and plenty of choice.
For more information visit www.sugarandspice.es
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38