A FORMER protégé of Jamie Oliver is taking La Linea by storm with his own Italian restaurant.
Benito Farsi, who previously lived in England, launched the Perejil Grill in spring of this year.
He honed his craft working for his pal Oliver at his Jamie’s Italian restaurant, as well as his London steakhouse, Barbecoa.
“I have worked with Italian food for the last 20 years and learned a lot working with Jamie,” said Farsi.
“We went to Italy’s Amalfi coast to train.
“I set up the restaurant here because I didn’t think there was any good Italian food in the Gibraltar area.”
Perejil Grill is located in what used to be the oldest bar in La Linea, right in the centre of town.
Farsi previously set up an Italian restaurant at Hotel Sindhura in Vejer de la Frontera before looking for a new adventure.
“Everything I cook here is Italian, 100% fresh and I use a wood grill which gives a beautiful, aromatic flavour,” he added.
Perejilgrill Bar & Antipasta
Calle Hercules 3
La Línea de la Concepción
Tlf: 956 763 355
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05