A FORMER protégé of Jamie Oliver is taking La Linea by storm with his own Italian restaurant.
Benito Farsi, who previously lived in England, launched the Perejil Grill in spring of this year.
He honed his craft working for his pal Oliver at his Jamie’s Italian restaurant, as well as his London steakhouse, Barbecoa.
“I have worked with Italian food for the last 20 years and learned a lot working with Jamie,” said Farsi.
“We went to Italy’s Amalfi coast to train.
“I set up the restaurant here because I didn’t think there was any good Italian food in the Gibraltar area.”
Perejil Grill is located in what used to be the oldest bar in La Linea, right in the centre of town.
Farsi previously set up an Italian restaurant at Hotel Sindhura in Vejer de la Frontera before looking for a new adventure.
“Everything I cook here is Italian, 100% fresh and I use a wood grill which gives a beautiful, aromatic flavour,” he added.
Perejilgrill Bar & Antipasta
Calle Hercules 3
La Línea de la Concepción
Tlf: 956 763 355
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47