A FORMER protégé of Jamie Oliver is taking La Linea by storm with his own Italian restaurant.
Benito Farsi, who previously lived in England, launched the Perejil Grill in spring of this year.
He honed his craft working for his pal Oliver at his Jamie’s Italian restaurant, as well as his London steakhouse, Barbecoa.
“I have worked with Italian food for the last 20 years and learned a lot working with Jamie,” said Farsi.
“We went to Italy’s Amalfi coast to train.
“I set up the restaurant here because I didn’t think there was any good Italian food in the Gibraltar area.”
Perejil Grill is located in what used to be the oldest bar in La Linea, right in the centre of town.
Farsi previously set up an Italian restaurant at Hotel Sindhura in Vejer de la Frontera before looking for a new adventure.
“Everything I cook here is Italian, 100% fresh and I use a wood grill which gives a beautiful, aromatic flavour,” he added.
Perejilgrill Bar & Antipasta
Calle Hercules 3
La Línea de la Concepción
Tlf: 956 763 355
- An Ayurvedic detox diet can help you bounce back from winter bingeing, writes Andalucia-based chef Manna Teji - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:00
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58