IT is hard to describe Pradollano as an authentic mountain village.
But, with a metre of snow on the ground and the sun finally out, it certainly has its charms.
In terms of places to stay there are plenty of modern hotels, such as the stylish Sol Melia in the heart of the town or the incredible five-star Lodge, part of the Marbella Club chain, which recently reopened after a fire gutted it two years ago.
But easily one of the most charming has got to be the stalwart Hotel Kenia Nevada, which is well located near the centre of town and open most of the year.
Run by the friendly Don Pedro – who used to ski for the country as a youngster – it is clean, well run and serves up one of the best breakfasts in Spain.
It also has a gym, with an amazing in-house masseur Belen Gomez, and plenty of communal areas, filled with charming old furniture.
Slap bang in the centre then you can do no better than the Melia Sol y Nieve, which has a celebrated spa, comfortable luxury rooms and all the modern feel of a top urban hotel.
If you are looking for somewhere to rent then Sierra Nevada Alquileres (www.alquileressierranevada.es) is a good bet, with the company having over 100 places on its books.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58