WHEN Maria Rosales Donaire got a decent severance payment from her previous job as an accountant for a French multinational in Madrid, she knew exactly her next career path.
Coming from Granada it was only natural that the canny mother-of-two would set up a new business in nearby Sierra Nevada.
Seeing a gap in the market, she invested in a restaurant in pole position right on the main square in the heart of Pradollano.
Rebranding it as a quality hamburger joint, Telesilla Burger, she has cleverly trapped a large part of the expat and foreign market.
Installing some funky ski lift seats, not to mention a big screen for all the big footie games – including the Premier League – she has seen big growth over the last four years.
“We just offer good quality, simple food, that is my motto,” she explains. And it seems to be working.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05