THE boyfriend of missing expat Lisa Brown has promised to return to Spain to be questioned by police.
Liverpudlian Simon Corner will fly into Malaga this week to ‘clear his name’, according to his legal representative.
Corner – aka Dean Woods – sparked suspicion after fleeing to the Far East days after Lisa’s disappearance in November.
Police have appealed for Corner, 33, to return to Spain to face ‘unanswered questions’ ever since.
The Liverpudlian – who was jailed for three months in Gibraltar for possession of a weapon last year – will meet Guardia Civil officers in Algeciras later this week.
“There has been a relentless campaign against our client Simon Corner ever since Lisa Brown broke contact with her friends and family and was declared a missing person,” said Jason Coghlan, whose multinational JaCogLaw is assisting him.
“Simon assures me he is totally innocent of any wrongdoing and to date there is no evidence that anything untoward has taken place.”
A Find Lisa facebook group, run by her sister Helen Jordan, has raised over £6,000.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36