SPAIN’S first three-legged pony to receive a prosthetic leg has passed away.
Faith died in Alicante in October, but a second amputee pony, Iris, is now due to receive the artifical leg.
Five years ago, Faith’s mutilated front forelock was amputated in a life-saving operation and a specially designed prosthetic leg fitted.
She had previously underwent months of treatment at the Easy Horse Care Rescue Centre, near Rojales in Alicante.
“No expense was ever spared on Faith and she absolutely loved her prosthetic leg because it gave her freedom,” said Easy Horse Care Rescue Centre co-founder Sue Weeding.
“We gave Faith a good five years, which she deserved. She had the best and she inspired so many people worldwide.
“Faith has changed all of us a little bit.”
In October last year, Faith’s good front leg began to fail and she was put to sleep on October 29.
The decision was taken to donate the leg to 10-year-old Shetland pony, Iris, in France who had her leg amputated after developing a tumour.
The artifical leg was sent to the Veterinary Teaching Hospital at the University of Lyon to be fitted for Iris.
Sue said: “We are so happy that Faith’s prosthetic legs are going to help another little pony and that she inspired other surgeons to continue this work to help others out there.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00