MADRID is fighting back in the battle of Spain’s summer music festivals as Neil Young and the Prodigy head to the capital for Mad Cool.
The festival, in its inaugural year, will also feature Jane’s Addiction, Caribou, Stereophonics and Band of Horses between June 16-18.
The announcement comes a week after Barcelona’s Primavera Sound unveiled its stellar summer line-up, featuring LCD Soundsystem and Radiohead.
Mad Cool Festival will take place on the banks of the Manzanares river where there is space for more than 45,000 people.
The site at Caja Magica will have special five stages installed, three of them covered.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00