A DUTCH fraudster known as the Pirate has had his treasure trove plundered by the tax office.
The aptly-named ‘Davy Jones’ police operation culminated in the arrest of the alleged tax evader, who amassed a €25 million fortune across Europe over the past two decades.
The lavish businessman, who lived in the exclusive La Zagaleta estate and drove a Rolls Royce Phantom, made his millions selling glasses in shops and online.
The investigation, opened in 2013, found he was hiding his identity to avoid paying tax. All of his assets and 20 banks accounts have now been embargoed.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44