PEP Guardiola is preparing a sensational swoop for Lionel Messi when he replaces Manuel Pellegrini as Manchester City manager in June.
Reports suggest City have contacted the Barcelona star’s representatives about a possible €160 million deal.
Guardiola is also rumoured to be preparing a €105 million bid for Juventus’ Paul Pogba and Everton defender John Stones.
The former Barcelona boss is making the move to City after three seasons at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
Guardiola, who won 14 trophies including two Champions Leagues while at the helm of the Catalan club, will sign a three-year contract.
Guardiola will team up again with director of football Txiki Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano following their spell together at Barcelona.
- An Ayurvedic detox diet can help you bounce back from winter bingeing, writes Andalucia-based chef Manna Teji - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:00
- Stunning Sarmiento offers a lot more than the best view on the Costa del Sol - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 16:05
- Historic building awards from the Gibraltar Heritage Trust - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 11:16
- Caught live: Massive winner from UK’s most relevant band of the last few decades - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 20:42
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- EXPANSION: Pole position as long-running expat agent opens fifth office in central Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58