PEP Guardiola is preparing a sensational swoop for Lionel Messi when he replaces Manuel Pellegrini as Manchester City manager in June.
Reports suggest City have contacted the Barcelona star’s representatives about a possible €160 million deal.
Guardiola is also rumoured to be preparing a €105 million bid for Juventus’ Paul Pogba and Everton defender John Stones.
The former Barcelona boss is making the move to City after three seasons at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
Guardiola, who won 14 trophies including two Champions Leagues while at the helm of the Catalan club, will sign a three-year contract.
Guardiola will team up again with director of football Txiki Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano following their spell together at Barcelona.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23