PEP Guardiola is preparing a sensational swoop for Lionel Messi when he replaces Manuel Pellegrini as Manchester City manager in June.
Reports suggest City have contacted the Barcelona star’s representatives about a possible €160 million deal.
Guardiola is also rumoured to be preparing a €105 million bid for Juventus’ Paul Pogba and Everton defender John Stones.
The former Barcelona boss is making the move to City after three seasons at Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich.
Guardiola, who won 14 trophies including two Champions Leagues while at the helm of the Catalan club, will sign a three-year contract.
Guardiola will team up again with director of football Txiki Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano following their spell together at Barcelona.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05