AN Axarquia cyclist is wheeling his way around Spain to raise awareness of animal rights.
Antonio Moreno’s En Ruta Por Los Animales campaign made its way to Almunecar and La Herradura at the end of January where he spoke with local students.
Antonio, who is president of the Andalucian Group Against the Mistreatment of Animals, also gave a conference at the Casa de la Cultura of Almuneca.
During his travels, the Torre del Mar activist aims to hold a talk about animal rights’ issues at 10.30am every day.
Antonio plans to ask for donations from people attending his conferences which will be sent on to animal shelters.
He set off from Torre del Mar on January 20 and will head up the coast towards the Pyrenees before heading towards Galicia.
The journey is expected to last between 18 and 24 months.
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38