AN Axarquia cyclist is wheeling his way around Spain to raise awareness of animal rights.
Antonio Moreno’s En Ruta Por Los Animales campaign made its way to Almunecar and La Herradura at the end of January where he spoke with local students.
Antonio, who is president of the Andalucian Group Against the Mistreatment of Animals, also gave a conference at the Casa de la Cultura of Almuneca.
During his travels, the Torre del Mar activist aims to hold a talk about animal rights’ issues at 10.30am every day.
Antonio plans to ask for donations from people attending his conferences which will be sent on to animal shelters.
He set off from Torre del Mar on January 20 and will head up the coast towards the Pyrenees before heading towards Galicia.
The journey is expected to last between 18 and 24 months.
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38