BARCELONA star Lionel Messi has finally been named Spain’s player of the month.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner has been made to wait over two years for the player of the month award, since the competition’s birth in 2013-14.
In fact, no Barcelona player had won the award until November 2015 when Neymar broke the Catalan giant’s duck.
Messi claimed the award after bagging six goals in five games in January.
However, not everything is rosy for the Argentine skipper who has been labelled as disrespectful after passing a penalty to teammate Luis Suarez in Barcelona’s 6-1 win over Celta Vigo.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00