THE Duquesa Society of St George has been a cornerstone of Sabinillas’ expat community since it was founded in 2013 – and now it has expanded.
Renowned for its charitable exploits, some of the society’s recent good deeds include providing 500 Christmas gift bags to underprivileged local children,donating €2,217 to La Linea charity Hogar Betania and raising €10,000 for an operation to save an 18-year-old rock climber’s hand.
Now as the charity continues to grow, it has opened a new larger shop on January 30, with the second premises selling second-hand furnishings, books, dvds, cds and pictures.
Both stores stay open from from 10.30 to 13.30 on Mondays to Saturdays.
“The Citizen’s Advice Bureau Spain are holding a surgery at the charity’s new shop in Calle Aurora de Albornoz, Sabinillas, every Wednesday morning,” said committee member Gary Beaumont.
The society’s committee of Gary, Dean Shelton,Daniela Caballero and Judith Beaumont helps organise events throughout the year, including its Sunday market.
Both shops welcome donations of second-hand goods and volunteers.
- 11 new villages make it onto Spain’s ‘most beautiful’ list - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:40
- FAB FRESCOS: Spain has some of the best, but how many do you recognise? - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 10:51
- Maldonado’s Mijas is like nowhere else says Bill Anderson as just five are running the town council - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Benabola Hotel in Marbella gets a revamped roof terrace ready for the summer season - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- POLE POSITION: Property market expanding in Marbella - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:31
- Using Cryptocurrency as a Major Mode of Payment - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 07:58
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38