THE Duquesa Society of St George has been a cornerstone of Sabinillas’ expat community since it was founded in 2013 – and now it has expanded.
Renowned for its charitable exploits, some of the society’s recent good deeds include providing 500 Christmas gift bags to underprivileged local children,donating €2,217 to La Linea charity Hogar Betania and raising €10,000 for an operation to save an 18-year-old rock climber’s hand.
Now as the charity continues to grow, it has opened a new larger shop on January 30, with the second premises selling second-hand furnishings, books, dvds, cds and pictures.
Both stores stay open from from 10.30 to 13.30 on Mondays to Saturdays.
“The Citizen’s Advice Bureau Spain are holding a surgery at the charity’s new shop in Calle Aurora de Albornoz, Sabinillas, every Wednesday morning,” said committee member Gary Beaumont.
The society’s committee of Gary, Dean Shelton,Daniela Caballero and Judith Beaumont helps organise events throughout the year, including its Sunday market.
Both shops welcome donations of second-hand goods and volunteers.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14