A FORMER president of Madrid is wanted for questioning in a €2 million bribery and money-laundering case linked to Estepona.
Anti-corruption officials are set to grill the former PP leader Ignacio Gonzalez over his ownership of a luxury apartment in the town, said to have been given to him as a bribe.
Investigators also want to talk to Enrique Cerezo, the ex-president of Atletico Madrid over the apartment in Alhambra del Golf.
The apartment was registered to a company based in the tax haven of Delaware and listed as being owned by lawyer Rudy Valner.
It is believed that Valner is merely a front man and the property was given to Gonzalez as some sort of sweetener on a deal.
Gonzalez has now claimed he rented it from 2008 before purchasing it for €730,000 in 2012.
However, recordings made by police in 2011 allegedly reveal Gonzalez asked two officers to help cover up the scandal.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00