NOBODY likes getting the needle.
But with acupuncture, a little prick can make all the difference.
And now the Gibraltar Health Authority (GHA) has formally approved its use to treat lower back pain on the Rock.
The GHA ratified the use of acupuncture after 11 physiotherapists were taught the practice at the GHA School of Health Studies last year.
John Cortes, Minister of Health, said: “They are a group of professionals whose contribution to the care of patients is often overlooked, but is absolutely vital.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00