A MAJOR crime wave spanning six Axarquia towns may have finally been halted.
It comes after police arrested a 29-year-old Spaniard in Torre del Mar on suspicion of robbing over a dozen rural homes, shops and churches.
The thefts have occurred over the last three months across the entire region, from Riogordo to Periana and Alfarnate to Colmenar.
The last alleged theft took place in a church in Benamargosa, where the suspect stole money but misjudged the drop from a window to the ground and severely cut his legs.
This led to hospital treatment, with medical staff able to tip off police of his possible crimes.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36