WHEN her daughter was looking for the perfect venue to get married, it was perhaps obvious she would choose Karen Hoyle’s stunning cortijo in Andalucia.
A fairly low-key affair with around 70 guests, it proved to be just another soaring success in the story of Hacienda San Jose, in Entrerrios, Mijas Costa.
Feeling like an authentic Andalucia cortijo from two centuries ago, it is amazing to discover that the former boutique hotel was only built in year 2000.
Bought by Karen and her partner Chug, eight years ago, the 10-bedroom property is now one of the Costa del Sol’s leading wedding venues, hosting an incredible average of 36 nuptials a year.
And this is no surprise with Karen and her team working extremely hard to create the most amazing service for brides and grooms.
“We are constantly decorating it and renovating it,” explains Karen. “The upkeep is huge and we never stand still.
“Each wedding is completely different. We offer a bespoke service and can cater to up to 200 guests.”
As well as sorting out accommodation for all other guests, all aspects of getting married from car hire to wedding planning can be arranged.
The villa sleeps up to 28 guests and can be rented for weddings from three-nights for just 5000 euros. Visit www.villaweddingspain.com for more information.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14