A BRITISH expat stranded in the UK is desperately trying to bring her dogs back from Spain where she fears they may face adoption.
Nerja expat Clare Volland, 36, left her two Chihuahuas, Teddy and Jack, with her ex-boyfriend while she travelled to Middlesex to visit her mother who is suffering from Alzheimer’s.
But while she was gone her ex-boyfriend suffered a heart attack and the pets were left at the mercy of police kennels and an animal rescue centre.
Volland’s passport was stolen so cannot immediately return to Spain and is trying to get in touch with the animal rescue centre to ensure the safety of her dogs.
“The dogs must be terrified, they are tiny and must be very scared – I feel truly helpless,” Volland, who works in marketing, told the Olive Press.
“I need to get donations to get my two beautiful babies back to the UK, or to find them a safe home in Spain until I can either gather funds to fly out and take them back with me.
“I am terrified they may be adopted if they are at a rescue centre.”
She added: “I have to stay in the UK as my passport had been stolen prior to my trip so I was travelling on a temporary passport which will take at least three weeks to update.”
If you can help, email [email protected]
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25