IT has become an Easter tradition to rival chocolate egg hunts and the Easter Bunny.
This month the Competa art walk returns for its eighth year, with works by 28 international artists on show at 18 locations in the village.
Art lovers from the Costa del Sol, Costa Tropical and further afield are invited to Competa from Wednesday 23 to Sunday 27 March for a cultural celebration.
From 11am to 7pm each day, artists and craftsmen will showcase and discuss their work, techniques and inspirations.
Some of the names include Dutch artist Merel Hollebum, Iraqi painter Saad Ali and German Christa Hillekamp.
There will also be a ‘paper art’ workshop run by English expat Annabel Keatley on the Thursday and Saturday.
As an added flare this year, a range of musicians will also be giving live performances across the four-day event.
For more information and a map of the route visit www.artcompeta.com or the ‘ArtCompeta’ Facebook page.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44