VELEZ Malaga town hall has been left red-faced after a Cervantes tribute daubed on the road disappeared in just ten days.
The giant quote painted by a local artist was thought to be ‘in very durable paint’ but it will now have to be repainted in asphalt.
It immortalises a verse which mentions the town to celebrate the fourth centenary of Cervantes’ death.
The passage from Don Quixote reads: “Thanks be to God, sirs, to such a good part he has driven us. If I am not mistaken, the land on which we walk is that of Velez-Malaga.”
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25