ERROL Flynn, Alec Guinness and Winston Churchill are just some of the famous names that appear in the guest books for the Rock Hotel, an institution that opened in 1932.
The hotel’s famous brilliant white façade is seen for miles around and boasts a beautiful reception and entrance lobby which reflects the sensitivity towards the historical design of the original building.
“The hotel’s 1930’s origins are evident in the subtle colours and timeless decoration combining an element of the colonial with more contemporary touches”, explains General Manager Charles Danino.
These days the hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service as well as the highest level of food, beverage, event and dining experiences and to offer a top class hotel to be enjoyed by the local corporate and leisure community as well as the global traveller.
Head Chef Alfred Rodriguez, 57, has been with The Rock since his late teens, while also having spent some time away working on the QE2 and for the Roux brothers at London’s Michelin-starred Le Gavroche.
“I am always looking for new dishes to create with a high quality and selection of ingredients available through local suppliers as well as from Morocco,” he says.
The Rock Hotel offers comfortable bedrooms and a new conference and banqueting facility and private terrace which adds to the hotel’s already extensive exterior space, which includes the much loved Wisteria Terrace, which has been enhanced offering an al fresco venue for all-day dining.
Corporate events can be held on the private Sunset Terrace and Victory Suite as well as the pool in the evening and the Khaima poolside marquee.
- Meet Kaat Buelens, an expat Sabinillas restaurant owner and political underdog running to be your local councillor in Manilva - 25 May, 2019 @ 14:00
- Open letter from PP’s Javier Quero to people of Casares, as he bids to become mayor and ‘return Casares to its former glory’ - 25 May, 2019 @ 12:00
- WATCH: As featured in Olive Press, The Paradise Retreat that has won International Acclaim - 25 May, 2019 @ 10:30
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER! :Expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections – in which FINALLY foreigners count - 24 May, 2019 @ 01:45
- Travelling to Madrid for the Champions League Final? How to Stay Safe in the Capital - 22 May, 2019 @ 15:24
- Why is Customer Service Training Important to a Business - 21 May, 2019 @ 16:38
- Is La Liga in Danger of Irrelevance? - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:21
- Sign up with Spain’s only ‘all-in- English’ mobile service - 21 May, 2019 @ 06:46
- Spanish study finds that eating nuts in first trimester of pregnancy improves child brain development - 19 May, 2019 @ 11:00
- JOBS: Marbella’s Starlite Festival looking for 400 workers this summer, find out how to apply here - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:00