A CLOSE associate of gangland figure Gerry ‘the Monk’ Hutch has been murdered.
Noel Duggan, 55, was ambushed and shot dead in a ‘gangland-style’ attack while sat in his car outside his home in Ireland.
Duggan was reportedly a key figure in Lanzarote-based Hutch’s illegal cigarette smuggling ring in the 1990s.
Police are linking the attack to a string of murders between the warring Spain-based Kinahan and Hutch clans.
The worsening feud claimed the lives of two men in Dublin last month.
The feud was sparked after Kinahan collector David Byrne was slain during an MGM Marbella boxing event in Dublin.
The following week, Hutch’s brother Eddie Hutch was shot dead at his home in the Irish capital.
The latest killing comes as Spanish police confirmed they are close to charging Estepona-based gang boss Christy Kinahan and his sons Daniel and Christy Jr. for money laundering offences.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36