WHEN it comes to bowling, Gibraltar scores a strike.
The Rock’s bowling alley is a hugely popular venue for children’s birthday parties, and it’s great for adults looking for an alternative to sitting around in the same old bars.
King’s Bowl & Bar is at the King’s Bastion Leisure Centre. It has 14 lanes and is open until midnight every day.
Advance bookings can be made for children’s parties and corporate events. The weekday cost is a steal at £3 per person per game, rising to £4 at weekends. Wheelchair access is available.
Those who are really serious about their bowling can join the Gibraltar tenpin bowling association.
It’s tantamount to a law that where there are bowling alleys there must be cinemas, and Gibraltar complies with pleasure.
King’s Bastion Leisure Centre has two cinema screenings rooms, one with 99 seats and the other, 136. Both have disabled access.
Normally four films are shown each day, ranging from family entertainment to the latest Blockbuster thriller, along with 3D spectaculars for the full, immersive experience.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05