THE eyes of the golfing world will be fixed on Real Club Valderrama this weekend as the Spanish Open tees off.
With the support of the Sergio García Foundation, the cream of the European Tour’s talent will do battle on the iconic course for the 90th edition tournament from April 14-17.
And with 22 Spaniards – including Garcia – taking part, hopes are high of a homegrown victory.
Javier Reviriego, General Manager of Real Club Valderrama, said: “We are excited to stage on our course such a storied event as the Open de España, and we couldn’t have a better host than Sergio García, a great friend of Valderrama.”
Valderrama will be showing off its brand new two-acre practice area for players wanting to improve their short game.
The course’s bunkers have been rebuilt to match the standard of the superb green and fairways, and many of the overhanging cork trees have been pruned to improve the course’s playability.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00