CO-FOUNDERS of a luxury tonic water and mixers company which gained international exposure after being stocked in Spain’s top restaurant have netted £18m (around €22,248,000) from a sale of shares in the company.
Fever-Tree founders Charles Rolls and Tim Warrillow got a helping hand in 2012 when top chef Adria Ferran opted to stock their tonic water at his prestigious, and now closed, elBulli, Catalonia.
The endorsement came at a time when gin consumption in Spain was increasing by 15% year on year.
Demand for gin continues to grow – and along with it, Fever-Tree’s fortunes.
The company now produces a range of luxury mixers which are stocked in seven of the world’s top 10 restaurants.
Deals struck with British Airways and Easyjet last year also helped boost profits.
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37