CO-FOUNDERS of a luxury tonic water and mixers company which gained international exposure after being stocked in Spain’s top restaurant have netted £18m (around €22,248,000) from a sale of shares in the company.
Fever-Tree founders Charles Rolls and Tim Warrillow got a helping hand in 2012 when top chef Adria Ferran opted to stock their tonic water at his prestigious, and now closed, elBulli, Catalonia.
The endorsement came at a time when gin consumption in Spain was increasing by 15% year on year.
Demand for gin continues to grow – and along with it, Fever-Tree’s fortunes.
The company now produces a range of luxury mixers which are stocked in seven of the world’s top 10 restaurants.
Deals struck with British Airways and Easyjet last year also helped boost profits.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25