17 Aug, 2026 @ 14:01
1 min read

Killers in Huelva massacre torch motorbike as narco fear grips once-sleepy coastal community

POLICE have launched a massive manhunt after masked gunmen who slaughtered three generations of one family in a suspected revenge hit torched their getaway motorbike to distract authorities.

The brutal triple murder has left the usually sleepy coastal town of Isla Cristina, in Andalucia’s Huelva province, on high alert as the killers remain at large.

The attackers fled the bloodbath on a motorcycle before dumping and burning the vehicle in a nearby pine forest in a bid to throw the Guardia Civil off their trail.

READ MORE: Family massacre in Andalucia as pregnant woman, her mother and teenage son are gunned down by ‘motorcycle hitmen’ in narco revenge attack

Isla Cristina mayor Jenaro Orta said the alarm in the community was ‘huge’ following the massacre.

“They wanted to distract us,” he said of the torched motorbike, adding his hope that there would be no further reprisals in the coming days.

The hitmen opened fire on a street on Monday, killing a 62-year-old woman, her pregnant daughter, and a 16-year-old boy who was reportedly an innocent bystander.

A fourth victim was left seriously injured in the attack, which Orta described as ‘Dantesque’, with an enormous number of shell casings left scattered around the bodies.

READ MORE: Spanish police cuts off narco speedboat lifeline after seizing 12,000 litres of fuel in massive raids in Andalucia following tragic Huelva Guardia Civil deaths 

Investigators strongly suspect the massacre is a settling of scores between two rival families tied to a previous killing.

The two deceased women are understood to be the mother and sister of a man known as ‘El Baba’.

He is currently in preventive prison in Gijon for his alleged role in a deadly shooting in the El Torrejon neighbourhood of Huelva capital in September 2024.

A judge has placed the current investigation under a secrecy order, an administrative measure meaning official details from the Guardia Civil will remain strictly limited while the manhunt continues.

Orta urged residents to remain calm and condemned the sharing of graphic images of the crime scene online, stating that neither the family nor the town deserved such cruelty.

Click here to read more Crime & Law News from The Olive Press.

Walter Finch, is the Digital Editor of the Olive Press and occasional roaming photographer who started out at the Daily Mail.
Born in London but having lived in six countries, he is well-travelled and worldly. He studied Philosophy at the University of Birmingham and earned his NCTJ diploma in journalism from London's renowned News Associates during the Covid era.
He got his first break working on the Foreign News desk of the Daily Mail's online arm, where he also helped out on the video desk due to previous experience as a camera operator and filmmaker.
He then decided to escape the confines of London and returned to Spain in 2022, having previously lived in Barcelona for many years.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Previous Story

Spanish F-18s shoot down Russian drone over Romania territory after it entered NATO airspace

Next Story

Why this Barcelona international school is sending students to the world’s top universities

Previous Story

Spanish F-18s shoot down Russian drone over Romania territory after it entered NATO airspace

Next Story

Why this Barcelona international school is sending students to the world’s top universities

Latest from Andalucia

Create a free account, or log in.

Gain access to read this article, plus limited free content.

Yes! I would like to receive new content and updates.

Go toTop