MORE than a quarter of Spain’s top 100 golf courses can be found on the Costa del Sol.
A total of 27 courses along the coast made the grade in the new list published by UK guide Top 100 Golf Courses.
In fact, four out of the top six are found along the Costa del Sol, with Sotogrande’s El Real Club de Golf positioned second overall.
They were only beaten by Costa Brava-based course PGA Cataluyna which came top of the lot.
Valderrama Golf Club came in third place with Finca Cortesin and Las Brisas positioned fifth and sixth respectively.
Also in the top 20 were La Reserva de Sotogrande, The San Roque Club, Aloha Golf, Santana Golf and Los Naranjos Golf.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36