ANIMAL rights group PACMA has shared photos of a collapsed horse from Sevilla’s April Fair in a bid to shine a light on ‘animal exploitation’.
According to witnesses, the horse was released from his cart after he began shaking at Sevilla’s annual Feria de Abril.
The tremors continued and he collapsed to the ground before nearby vets rushed to his aide.
“Maybe thanks to them the horse is alive today,” PACMA said on its Facebook post, “All riders say they love their horses, but when money calls the shots, the animals take second place, circuses, zoos, carriages, horse rentals, the meat industry.
“Animals are not here to be exploited, live and let live.”
They say the overexertion of horses during the Fair happens every year with numerous complaints, but the local authorities do little to tackle it.
The animal rights group had been at the fair to protest over its claims that millions of euros of taxpayers’ money are spent by the Andalucian government to subsidise bullfighting.
PACMA says dozens of bulls are killed during the city’s ‘April Fair’, while the government spends millions re-transmitting the fights on the public television channel and covering the financial losses of the organisers.
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14