HUNDREDS of supporters turned up to Triple A’s 25th Anniversary open day on Sunday.
The animal sanctuary had been under fire after allegations of dog trafficking and animal cruelty led to the arrests of four of its staff.
Secretary Jan Weima was astonished by how many came to show their support, adding that the accusations were baseless.
He said: “The accusations are unfair and we ask people not to judge us before anything is resolved. This has been an injustice, revenge for some hatred and it cannot end like this.”
A statement and video released by the Guardia Civil that morning had also purported to show a freezer containing animals that had been killed illegally.
But Triple A maintained none of the animals shown had been killed illegally, and only five of the animals had died on the premises
It said: “Triple A has a freezer in its facilities where the dead animals are deposited by Marbella Town Hall sanidad services.
“Therefore the images shown do not correspond to dead or slaughtered animals on the premises.
Of those shown in these images, among which are a goat and a seagull, only four dogs and a cat died in the facilities since February 26, the day of the previous collection by authorised company in charge of transporting animal carcasses and subsequent incineration.
“Of those five animals only one, a puppy born with a malformation that prevented him from breathing, had to be put down. This was carried out by a veterinarian after extensive several diagnostic tests, including X-rays.”
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52